Friday 11 May 2012

Will she make it 21 out of 21??

Big day today, the mare black caviar is having here 21st run and is looking for the record of 21 wins. Exiting! Hope she does it and comes home safe and sound!! Lovely sunny day today, 3.30 start and I mucked out 3 this morning before putting my riding gear on. I went out on the first horse on my own and done steady work. Which was fine, saw Tony up the tower as Mr Moody had gone to Adelaide with Black Caviar. The mare angel worked well. Took her back and myself and Marie took our tack over to yard A where our second horses were. These two were working on the track, sprit work, over a distance. It was good, i don't think I've ever been so fast. We worked over 600 meters and we had to do it to a certain time. Tony was clocking us but Marie had a bleeper on her helmet which beeped every second so she could count from certaint places to work out if we are going the right speed. I couldn't of counted and hold mine, I was concentrating so much on hold my lad and breathing, ha ha sounds silly but sometimes I don't breath!!! They both worked well and back we went to see Tony. Everything was good. Cool down on the trotting sand and back home. Next two horses were 2year olds, my first time riding a two year old and she was doing fast work over further, 800 meters! She was very small, narrow and no neck. Maybe a little weak but worked well but she did tie up a little. I felt it went we were trotting around the sand on our cool down. I stopped on my way back and told Tony. I went back and told Nick and the feed man what I thought. They came to me later and said thank you for noticing and to say that she had tied up!! Our last two were both 2year olds again and they were only doing easy work, trot half and canter half. Good day so far, I went back to the main yard and groomed 5 horses and swept up and we were done at 8.30! Home time and I've got tonight off and tomorrow off too. They are racing at caulfield today but I'm not sure whether I'll go. Little tired after going out last night. Plus tomorrow it's their owners/open day. Starts at 10 and they parade all the yearlings for all the owners and hopefully sell them.:-) should be intresting! Chat soon!

2 comments: