Tuesday 15 May 2012

Racing

Im just off racing, I'll blog later guys!!! Hey I'm home, it's 5.20 and I've just come in from sandown races! The day began at 3.30 where I mucked out, I didn't ride this morning. I had a new job this morning, taking 4 horses to meet the ponies. Peter tries to lead each horse off a pony at least once a week. He said that it's good for the horses, the horses like being out on the gallop with no rider! It keeps them fresh and keeps the keeps the weight off them. They were out for about 20 min. I took another horse out to the tunnel and changed over! Each horse goes for a swim after and then to the sand pit then a wash! Once I finished that I ran up to the tower where I spent some time with the boss, he was busy filling the work sheets up for tomorrow, but he did say things could change by then..! He always does the work sheets, no matter where he is in the country, he would do it over the phone or fax! He knows what's going on even if he's hours away!! The yards up in Sydney and brisbourne work exactly the same as the yard in caulfield! I had a good chat with him this morning and had a chance to ask him few things, which was very good. He's very kind and knows a lot! He told me how he started training ect! What he does and why. There were a few changes today, horses moving around and few going out for different reasons. 9pm last night two horses left caulfield to go up to Sydney, 9 hour drive. They will run up there but stay in that yard for a while. Once the last few horses had finished working we walked back to the yards where he just walked around to see if everything was ok. Spoke to a few people. Then we went to see a barn that he's going to rent, there was 14 boxes there, soon it will be full. Horses everywhere. He asked me if I'd like to go racing today to sandown, he wasn't going but I went in the car for a day out. Three runners but 2nd was the best. The first horse went at 9.30 with a different trainer because the other two runners wasn't running till the last two races. It's too long for them to wait there till then. The second and third horse left at 12.30! I was luckly enought to meet black caviars owners today at the races, they had a runner! They were lovely people! He told me that he could organise a few days with mr welsh (breaking in yard). I'd like that, I'd love to sit and watch him! He did ask what I was doing on the weekend, whether I'd like to go and watch his girls compete on Sunday. That was very kind of him, But ive already made plans to go and see a friend. But I will go to watch them very soon. Night in for me tonight reading my book:-)!! No tv in this house- nights can be very long but I go to bed early. I love sleep! Night all!! I'll upload more pics on facebook. Oh another thing.......BLACK CAVIAR has her own stamps!!!! I'll get some to bring home:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment