Tuesday 8 May 2012

I think I need some weetabix!!!!!

3.20 start this morning again, it was very warm this morning. Never gess who I mucked out this morning..... The queen her self, black caviar. I don't think I've been so proud to say I've mucked a horse out before! Ha!!! Anyway I mucked 4 out this morning and then tony the assistant told me to go and get my riding gear on. He was laughing at me all morning taking the mick all the time calling me Irish!! Not sure whether it's cus I'm so stupid or he thinks I sound Irish. Never mind!! It's good to have a laugh! I rode troi, everything was going well intill another horse passed us on the gallop and my lad took off, well I was weak as.... I don't know! Mr moody was watching from the tower no dought! I managed to pull him up and then we went for a trot around the sand too cool off. It's very different to what I'm use too. The work, the gallops the speed. I felt like I was going flat out but we wer only cantering !!! Hopefully I'll soon get into it. I had Dave the old man looking after me. It was only use two going out together. But the horse that passed me was from another yard. I took troi back and took him for a swim. I was handed another horse to ride so off I went. My arms were like jelly but I had to go and gallop this one. Luckily he was doing easy work, I'm not sure why. But we trotted for a while then cantered half the track followed by a cool down on the other sand circle. I saw Mr moody and he asked if everything was ok. Took him back to do two laps in the pool and a wash and a walk. Tom then came to get me to go around selected horses to check their legs ect. He told me to go in and see what I thought of their legs. We did agree on most of them. He had a list of all the horses we were worried about and got the vet to check them. But before the vet came Mr Moody came and told Tom a few things about few horses and he changed the list, few horses had to move yards and few out in the field. Mr Moody had to rush off to catch his flight up to brisbourne to the other yard to check the horse out up there. I'm not sure when he's back. Then with the list we had about the horses that needed to be seen by the vet we had to talk to the racing manager to see when they are likely to run. 8.15am the vet came, trotted about 5 up and there and then he decided that few needed treating. I won't say too much as I don't think they will like me saying too much, even though everything they do is totally legal! what I noticed was, if the vet thought he needed something doing, it gets done there and then. I was asked to trot a few up and then to bandage two horses. Which I did with someone holding them. Everyday every horse has mud/clay on their legs, some from the knee down but some has all four legs. Keeps them cool and takes out any swelling or bruising! I met the back man that treats all Moody's horses and comes at least once a month, very intresting to watch. I left the yard at 9.45- little late today because the vet had a few to treat. I'm going back to meet the lorry at 12.30 to go racing to sandown! We've got two runners. I'm exited and looking forward. Chat tmz guys got to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment