Saturday 26 May 2012

6 WINNERS!!!!!!!!!

Hey guys, what a great weekend!!! We had 6 winners yesterday at three different meeting. We had 4 at caulfield which was great. I worked yesterday as normal, I rode 4 horses and I couldn't wait to go home because believe it or not I was really really sore, stiff from riding those keen ones on Friday. Ha ha !! I must be really unfit. Oh yes..yesterday we had two champions out on the lawn getting their picture taken. sally Pearson was holding black cavia. She's the 100 meters hurdle champion ! It was great being there. There's some brilliant pictures on Facebook. At 9.30 I went home to get ready to go to the races at caulfield. I was picked up at 11.30. We were in the second race, we went and took the colours and picked up the saddle! We had 5 runners there. The first runner was a winner, won nicely ! We then had a big gap between the races so we decided to go for lunch in the owners and trainers. It was a saturday meeting so I had to look smart. I had a great day, 4 winners. We also went into the winners lounge after the race With the owners to watch the replay and had a few drinks. I helped tony saddle up which was good. Peter wasn't there, he's still not well. But hopefully yesterday would of made him feel a little better!! It was party time last night, I went out with friends for dinner and a nice bottle of wine and went to a very nice bar. I really enjoyed!! Spent lots of money, I find it really expensive over here. But it's once in a life time opportunity, so I might as well enjoy my time here. I've been for a walk and now I'm eating my dinner and looking forward for a good night sleep. I think I'm going racing tomorrow! Wev got two runners. Its around 4 hours in the truck. Oh yes, Friday, it was a great day at the sales. I went with Jeff, they had 7 going through the ring but Jeff had one filly, 3 year old filly that's now gone to stud. It was intresting talking to him, about what he does and the great system they have a Moody's. He did say his job is very difficult at times. Especially when the weather changes and he has to email all the owners again and decide what to scratch the day of the race before 7.30. I got introduced to a lot of new people which was nice. Few of them asked if I wanted to go to their stud/breaking in yard just to see how they do everything. That would be lovely! We left just before 5 to try and miss the traffic. Long enough day but I really enjoyed it. Chat soon peeps!

2 comments:

  1. busy busy, are you coming over for Royal Ascot? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I was!! Sadly I won't, I'll be working here!

    ReplyDelete