Wednesday 9 May 2012

Look out....it's a fox!!!!

Rode three this morning after mucking out 4. I rode out hussy first lot, she was only going once around the sand track and trot around the trotting area before going back for a swim and a walk. She was a nice mare didn't pull too hard, I don't think I could of stopped her if she did I'm sore all over. It's like as if I haven't ridden in months. As we were going around the sand we saw about 3/4 foxes.... Couldn't believe it. They say that that's normal, there always out playing and eating!! My second lot was angel, I was told to go out on my own and do exactly the same, but I went to see tony up the tower and he said ' Oi welshy....don't mess it up ok!' he did have a big smile on his face when he said it. Off I went but Emma and Lisa were doing the same work so we went together. She was a lovely mare. Took her back but i met shaun on my way, he took the horse and said got and get ur third horse he's tacked up in 'b' barn. Gibbo was a colt, he was to go around the pony ring, 1 trot 2 canters and 1 trot to finish. Emma was on another colt so we went out together. It was nice to chat to her, she rides out from 4-9 and then she goes in the office till 5! Long day for her. There isn't a horse there that would do the same work 2days running. It's always different. After that lot I went back to the yard and dressed three horses. Then the vet came so I went to see what was going on today. Few X-rays and few injections...very intresting. I'm not sure whether he likes me asking him so many questions! Black caviar is leaving the yard tonight. It takes about 9 hours in the box. She runs Saturday!hope it's 21 out of 21 for her! I got done around 9.30 after doing the bandaging. Yesterday was a good day out. We left in the lorry at 12.30 with two horses. It took half an hour to get there. Once they got there they unloaded and the vets took blood off the horses for a routine check. This is random, some days but they do take blood from selected horses every meeting. They get tied up in a stall, very similar to our saddling boxes till they get tacked up. The two lads had to wait with them till the race. One of the horses had a little cut on his hind joint, it was old but need wrapping up. Tom was busy doing that and then he had a needle and thread and he was sowing the bandage up. It's a rule there that it has to get done just incase it comes off during the race and cause problems! They dont declaire over there, if it doesn't run it has to be shown by 8.30am and if something goes wrong after that they would need a vet certificate ! They both ran ok, 6th and 7th but everyone was happy enough with them. We left soon after the last and went home. Was good to see how it's done over here. Finished the evening by going out with friends as one is leaving tomorrow . Long day and I'm tired. Off to bed till 1.30 I think. It's very warm today I should be sat in the garden but I need my bed. Night all!

No comments:

Post a Comment