Thursday 24 May 2012

Hang on cow girl cat!!!!

Morning all!!!! Well what a morning that was.....!!! It's 8.30 and I'm home ready to go to the sales. I still started at 3.30, mucked few out before the fun began!! Well it wasn't much fun at the time. I rode four horses this morning, I was working with Marie. All of ours were going 2 halves on the lead....which means, trot half the tack and then canter half then trot half and canter half again and finish on the trot down. It sounds easy enough, well it is normally but all of my horses either wanted to get me off, not want to go forward or try and run away with me or just pull my arms out!!!! My first one wasn't too bad to be fair to him, two year old colt, he was just a baby and hadn't been in that long. But he had Marie's horse for company. My second horse was a little monkey, he was stoping and being really sharp and spinning around when walking on and off the track and going through the tunnel. But he was ever so good cantering. Marie and I had some fun, laughing. I did look like John Wayne. I was determined not to come off so I rode long:-)!!! Marie called me a cow girl cat. I hung on to my neck strap alright:-) The next two horses were way to strong for me, I think my arms are as long as my legs... !! Tony did ask me if I found them keen....! He must of been watching me through his binoculars!! I managed to stop them but I didn't think I was in control most of the way!! It doesn't help when someone else comes cantering past you. Oh well!! I went back to the yard and I felt to tired and weak and aching all over. I couldn't wait to come home for a bath. Too top it off its raining. I hate rain! I'm now ready to go to the sales, I'm meeting Geoff at the stables at 10am. Tom sent me home really to rest and to get ready! Think I need tomorrow off to get over today!! Just joking. I have asked if I can go up the tower tomorrow to watch the horses work. Tuesday's and Saturday's are their main work mornings. I like being up there watching and listening!! Just want to say well done team Tizzard on their winners!! I keep looking at the racing post and looking at the results!! Right guys I best get some breakfast before the long day ahead at the Sales....in the rain!! Any questions please ask. If you can't comment on here, comment on Facebook or twitter! Thanx

No comments:

Post a Comment