Wednesday 23 May 2012

Riding the ponies!!

Evening all...it's 5.40 and just eating my dinner- I came in through the door at 5pm after a good day!! But no winners!! The morning started the same, up ar 3 had my phone call on my way to work. Went and mucked out two horses! I wasnt down to ride anything today because they had enough riders because all the horses from the trials yesterday and the ones that ran yesterday were only swimming today and 4/5 people had their days off. I was needed on the yard. But tony shouted over at 4am....welshy get ur riding gear on ur riding the pony!!! So off I went to get my riding gear on. I'd never riden a pony here before. First time for everything. I led 4 horses out in total, they went on the sand gallop just for a trot. They done 5 laps each and back in for a swim and a roll! Soon after I finished riding out I went back to the yard and helped them. Peter moody isn't well and wasn't in today! Hope he's better soon! At 8.30 the vet came in as usual! I went to help and trotted a few up for him. Tom and him weren't happy with this horse and wanted to x ray him. I held him whilst he was getting x rayed! Bad news....he had a fracture on his knee! Very sad as he is a very good horse. Nice big three year old! At 9 am I left the yard to go home to get ready to go racing to sandown! I've been there three times, still not seen a winner! But theyve had plenty of winners, but just not when I've been there! I was picked up at 11.10 and went in the car! We had 5 runners but second was the best! Never mind! One thing Peter doesn't like is after the horse has run, he likes them to walk off and cool off before washing them off. He thinks it's a shock to their system putting cold Water on a hot body! Also I noticed when the horse finishes the race, there isn't a water bucket in sight!!! Intresting. They wouldn't have water there in the summer. Not sure why exactly! Nothing else to report today. Have fun guys and chat soon! X

No comments:

Post a Comment