Sunday 20 May 2012

Monday morning on the track.

Morning all, had a good night sleep last night after a very good weekend with my friends down geelong. It was cold this morning, I started at 3.30 and mucked 3 out. I soon warmed up after mucking out, then I went to see tony by the work sheet too find out if I was riding. Yes I had 5 horses to ride this morning. All new ones that I hadn't riden before. Monday morning is normally easy work for the horses because they only swam yesterday. All my horses were nice enough, one or two did pull a little, it wasnt too bad because I was working on my own. But a guy did pass me on the gallop this morning and made my horse want to go faster, I could feel my arms weakening !! Peter was up the tower for a few hours but then he went into the office and tony came up. Tom had his day off today which ment that sean was running the yard. It went smoothly. I think one lad fell off this morning and the alarm went off. The horse and jockey were ok. ( not from our yard ) As soon as I finished riding I went back to the main yard to dress a few horses and trot a few up for the vet. We had a good weekend, few winners and few placings! Sean came to me around 8.45 and asked me to go up to yard a and b to help them out, they were running late. It was nice to go up there and see different horses and different people really, I dressed 7 horses and rugged them up. We did finish late today, it was 10 oclock when I left the yard! I'm just siting in my chair eating my breakfast and drinking my tea. I Will rest now till 2 when I'll be going back to work. In the evening we just swim all the horses and walk them, and before we go home we do their rugs. Whilst one lad skips out and one does the water and the feed man just feeds! It works well! Till later.....good day! Cat

2 comments:

  1. Hey Gemma, how r ya? You like? Is there anything else you'd like me to do!? All my pictures are on Facebook for now because I can't put them on from my I pad I don't think!! Xx

    ReplyDelete