Monday 14 May 2012

Long day!

Hey guys, it's 5 pm and I've just got back from a very long day. Another 3.30 start, mucked out black caviar....:-) and another one. I rode 5 horses today but they were only doing easy work. At 7.30 I went with 8 horses to the trials. It took us 40 min to get there. I wasnt sure what to expect to be honest, it was like as if we were going racing, they had their passports, colours, racing bridles but no racing saddles and no weight cloths! We unloaded the 8 and put them in the tie ups where they were stood till they got saddled and taken out on the course. Mr Moody was there getting the saddles ready. I groomed a few and helped him saddle. Few things had been forgotten and few little problems had accrued but it was no panic as it was on a trial day. These days are just educational for all these young horses. They have to travel away from home, get tied up, saddled up and walked around and go in the stalls and race. It's for them to get use to everything and also to see how good they are and learn to race. It doesn't always find out how good they are as it's run over the wrong distance for some. I went in the car with Mr Moody over to the finish line to watch three trials. It was intresting. He's a very easy going man he's able to have a joke and a laugh!! Myself and the driver and two other girls left with 4 horses and left the others there. Once we got back to the yard myself and peter ( driver) went on our journey to move horses and pick up a few and to drop few off. Once a horse has gone from the yard in caulfield in few hours its got another horse in there. One out one in!!! Amazing !! We took 2 from the main yard and one from A barn. We traveled an hour and half to drop one off at Michael briands yard, he's the chiropractor for Mr Moody.. I think this horse will be turned out in the paddock for a while but maybe get treated if needed. Soon after we dropped two off at briarwood farm where it's just paddocks on a farm. They go out to grass and have a holiday for a while. We also had to pick up 5 from there to take to brideoake ( toms dads place) this hard is a pre training yard for Moody but they also r Train their own too! From there we took four horses and then went to Julian welshs place which is a breaking yard to pick up 2. I enjoyed my 15 min there just watching Julian ride a youngster in the ring. I could of sat there for hours watching him. Very intresting to see! We left there and headed back to the yard, we got back to the yard around 4.15! I was very tierd and wanted my bed. Hadn't stopped all day and only had a cup of tea that was kindly bought by Peter (driver) I found out today that Mr Moody has 490 horses on the books!!!! Wow!!!! Hope your all enjoying. Sorry about the pictures and maybe my spelling isn't up to scratch!:-)

2 comments:

  1. sounds amazing Catrin! Do you find it strange that horses seem to be 'chained' in your photos?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I do, really strange but I'm use to it now! All the horses are use to it too:-)

    ReplyDelete