Tuesday 29 May 2012

Black caviar galloping !

Hey guys! How are you all? I'm great, I'm really enjoying my time out here!! I was thinking about not coming back yesterday!!!! Oh well only time will tell! Nothing really exiting to tell u only that I had a busy day yesterday, I started at 3.30 and rode 4 horses by 6.15 and went racing with zinga( my first strap) he was mine to look after for the day. Two horses left at 6.45 because they were in the 11.30 race up in wodonga!! It was 300 kilometers one way. The other horse didn't leave till 10.30 on a transport wagon. It was too long for him to wait there all day. They guy that came with me had to stay there all day. We got there at 10.30 which gave me time to get changed, brush my horse and walked him around and then the saddle was there. I think we expected him to run better than he did, he was the first one off the bridle!! The other one finished third, which they were happy enough with. I walked him around and washed him off and off we went on back. We had to travel 2 hours towards home to pick another horse up from a pre training yard. He was coming back to caulfield. It was a nice drive home, saw some lovely country side! We got back to the yard around 5pm. My day ended there, but Pete the driver had to pick two horses up from caulfield and take them to the paddocks out in the country!! This morning I had planned to go up the tower with mr Moody as it was a work morning and the trials!! Luke was coming in to work black caviar this morning on the grass. When Pete and I walked up towards the tower the tv cameras were already there....4am!! I watched her gallop, she worked very well they said. They were happy with her time considering the ground was a little soft! Wev had a lot of rain! I kept out of Peters way this morning because the cameras were there and I suppose it's stressful time for him. Jeff was there this morning too. Few horses didn't work as well as expected but few worked very well. Thats the way it goes sometimes! But the ones that didn't work well were put on the vet list for either a scope, trot up or take a blood sample! Things are done there and then here, no hanging back. I did hear that the horse I took racing yesterday will maybe have one more try at the races and if he shows nothing, he will have to go. Maybe to a country stable where the racing arnt so competitive !! If there no good they goo!!! They had a good morning in the trials- 16 horses I think they had and I think I'm right in saying they had 3 winners. Which is great! I couldnt believe that by 6.30 this morning they had 60 horses worked/galloped!!! In 2 and half hours!!! Good effort by everyone! This took us till 9am, I went back to the yard with Pete and Tom and we soon left as everything was done. I slept from 10am- 1.30 today, i was tired! This evening was easy enough, I swam 7 horses and rugged up and I was out of the yard by 3.55! Great stuff. I'm not at home wide awake but staying in tonight! I've had my dinner so now chill for the evening! I did put videos of the water walker and of black caviar on face book tonight, hope you've all seen them!!

No comments:

Post a Comment