Sunday 3 June 2012

Wet Monday morning!

Hey guys, it's 10.30 and I'm home just having breakfast! We were late this morning! The rain woke me up at 2am and it didn't stop raining till 7.30 ish!!! Not so good! I got up at 3 and had my morning chat with Ben on my way to work. I mucked nelly ( black caviar) and zippy this morning and then I went to tack my first horse up. Non slip, towel, pad, saddle, girth and over girth and picked her feet out. Non slip and towels get washed everyday and the girths get washed in the machine once a week. All the gear is looked after well! The Washing machine doesn't stop, between all the towels and rugs it's on all day everyday!! I rode 7 this morning: Needles Lethal Crop Beach Club Bear and Stranger!! I was busy enough, needles was a little keen and she throws her head around a little bit, lethal is a bus of a ride, really nice, big galloping stride! Crop is a lovely mare, hangs a little left but a really nice ride keeps her head down and she's nicely on the bit. Beach is very temperamental but I seem to be getting on fine with her. She's actually really nice, tony did comment about how well we get on,which was nice of him. I rode her Saturday too! Club is nice, he's the lad that's on my profile picture on my Facebook. He won week last Saturday! Bear was a little monkey, he's a big colt and he's full of excitement!! He tried to get me off four times this morning, just being fresh!!it was all good, I kept laugh at him. It was good to see him happy!! Last of all stranger, he was nice too, he only gone 1 1/2 on the A sand where as all the others trotted 2/3 times on the trotting/warm up sand before going out on the A sand to do either 1 and 1/2 or just one full circle!! I need to find out how long the A sand is!! Think it's 1600 or 1800 meters! I could be wrong. After every work we go back onto the trotting sand to cool off, I think this has a lot to do how relaxed Moody's horses are after work, because the learn to chill/relax on the trotting sand before walking home. I see few other trainers horses going home straight after they gallop and they are really buzzy walking home! This took me till 8 am- then I dressed 5/6 horses before I helped the vet do a few X-rays! I love helping the vet and asking loads of questions! Never stop learning!! Once all the horses were dressed and rugged up we all swept up and went around putting mud on all the horses from the knees down! But at 2pm all the mud will have to get washed off for them to go swimming! We were a little late this morning because 5 people had today off. Everybody has a day and half off a week! But it normally falls on one weekend and then the other day will be during the week! But toms as always given me sat pm and Sunday off! Tom is in charge of the days off!! I saw Peter for about 10 min today, he was busy up the tower and then he went into the office!! The tracks are very well looked after! They're in good condition.....I think there's around 800-900 horses galloping on it everyday!! And 400-600 horses swimming everyday! Moody would have 100 horses at caulfield and nearly all of them would swim twice a day! I might have a sleep before work this afternoon! Chat soon guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment