Friday 22 June 2012

Ascot 2012 black caviar- will she win??

Hey guys- it's Saturday morning 23rd of June! The day has come!! Ascot!!!! Black caviar!!! Hope she goes and wins.....easy!!!!! It's 9.30 and I'm home from work. Another good day! We got done early, 8.45! Its very cold this morning but no need to complain because the rain stayed away! But it did rain during the night!! I was up the tower this morning with Tom clocking the horses! The track is in bad condition due to the amount of rain wev had this week! As a result to this we couldn't really work the horses like Pete would like them to be worked! Tom changed the work to make it safer for the horse and rider! Anyway 4am came and up the tower with our binocularS and stop watches! The workers had to work on the 'A' sand this morning instead of the visco! I'd never clocked from the A sand before, all the markers were different and they were further away from us! Ment it was harder to see the riders and the markers! After a few I fingered it out- I was away!! They all worked good. Some of the riders get they're times smack on!!! Some work should take a minute and this young lad does it every time! He's only young and he wants to be a jockey! Hopefully he will read this and will be a happy lad!! Few of the new babies that came in yesterday we're a little keen this morning- different track and different place! We did have one rider fall off, but he was ok and the horse didn't gallop off which was good. Just a little fresh! Soon after the last pair finished we walked back to the yard. Gemma had made 25 cupcakes last night and brought them in for us- very kind of her. Then next thing Marie and dani had been to the shop to get me a green tea and a chocolate brownie!!!! My fav!!! That's really kind of them, such nice people and good team of people too! I went and swept the whole yard and we all finished early! I'm now home going to chill out for the day and hopefully sleep because black caviar is running tonight (our time ) at 12.45am!!!!! There is a big party happening in Melbourne city centre tonight- at federation square! I can't wait! I'm going with few friends meeting at 7 ish and there's free food and free drinks for us!! Hopefully I'll make her race:-)!!!! really kind of Lisa to ask me to join them tonight! Where I'm staying they don't have a tv!!!!! Strange so I couldn't watch it at home, great excuse to go out!!:-) But it should be a great atmosphere tonight. There will be thousands of people watching her tonight! Come on nelly!!!! Hope the rain stays away!! Oh yes, yesterday I rode 5 nice horses from 4-6.30 and then I went with Peter Courtney in the lorry picking horses up from the water farm and taking one colt to a pre training yard to have a spell out on grass and the other 5 back to caulfield!!! It was another intresting day- meeting new people and seeing different yards! He took me on a detour to see few studs- I saw darley stud, very impressive!!! So much money involved in horse over here!!! We got back to the yard at caulfield at 2pm where I went home and went shopping!:-) Right guys- chat soon !!!

1 comment:

  1. Not saying who or what was to blame but PHEW IT WAS CLOSE!!! Thank God she won anyway.

    ReplyDelete