Sunday 17 June 2012

Great weekend!

Hey there !! Sorry I've taken so long to write this but I've been busy! I have to think now what I've been up too the last week though. We had a great weekend, Peter is over in Newmarket at the min but the yard is still going strong even though he's thousands of miles away! Tom and I went to flemington on Saturday after a busy morning with 7 runners, out of the 7 runners we had 3 winners and few placings which was great! We had three races with two runners ! We also had a winner in Adelaide-Fred!!! The 7 runners at flemington were: flamberge, king krovanh, storm burst, club command and dayita. It was busy enough really, but it was worth it when we had the results! Soon after the races we left. I went home to get ready to go and meet few friends. We went for a really nice meal and then went to watch the rugby game!! It was a really good day/evening till the last minute of the game when we lost! Gutted!! Never mind! Last tuesday I didn't ride I went up to the tower with Peter which was really good! He gave me the chance to clock few horses and explained a lot to me. I felt like I'd learnt a lot that morning! Wednesday I was riding, I rode 5 I think. It's nice to do different things now and again! On Wednesday night I went to the cinema with friends, it was a great night. Really enjoying it out here. Everyone is kind, helpful and pleasure to be with. I do miss home but you soon get into a routine and get on with it after being away for certain amount of time! Thursday I had a busy day leading the horses out for the ponies! That's non stop for three hours! Walking, swimming, walking, picking feet out, walking, washing off! But at least the time goes quick! I rode 5 nice ones Friday, I flew though them because once I finished working them Nelia was there ready with the next horse. That's all I had to do was jump on and work them. Ideal!! I rode bear, I'm sure I've mentioned him before, he's a big colt. He's so big and playfull! He was trying to get me off by bucking and twisting. It was fun, there's no harm in his playing. He's well in himself! But now he's moved down to B barn, I'm not sure why that is. Must be a reason. I also went racing on Tuesday, to sandown! We had three runners. Grace won and we also had a third in the same race. Great day! Saturday I didn't ride because it's a work day and I like to go up to the tower to see them work and clock them! It's intresting seeing them work against each other. I also try and listen and watch the other trainers that are up there. I'd love to be a fly on the wall up the tower everyday! It's all men and they do make me laugh, they apologies sometimes because of what they say! I don't mind:-)! I find it really intresting! I was dressing a horse the other day and I didn't like the look of his leg! I got Tom to check it, he didn't like it either so he out him down on the vet list for 8.30 that morning. Well it wasn't a good news once the vet saw him. She's now gone. She will need 12 months off! This weekend they started clipping the horses. The guy clipped 10 on Saturday. Once they are clipped they go for a bath with anti fungal shampoo and get a hooded rug put on! Keep them nice and warm!:-) Monday morning was a busy morning, I rode 5 this morning, 5 nice ones, grace was my first horse, she won last week. Nice filly. She trotted around the warm up sand 2 times and then we went onto the A sand and trotted half way around and then cantered 1 1/2 times around. She was relaxed and didn't take too much grip! My second horse was Winnie, never ridden her before. She done the same, nice ride when she settled. A horse came cantering past us which wound her up a little! Beach was my third, I think shes my favourite....big white face and big ears!! I can't wait for her to run, she was suppose to run on Friday but her blood wasn't right. Crop was next, I like her too but she hangs real bad to the left. They do know about it. My last one was spirit , he's nice too but gets exited now and again passing horses. I took him for a swim after his gallop. Then back on the yard to dress some horses! We finished at 8.50 this morning. Great mornings work. Now I'm sat at home eating my breakfast! Iv been keeping up to date with nelly over in Newmarket, hope you guys have too. She looks well and keen to get on with things. Luke had a great boost on Saturday ridding a double at flemington before flying to England! I hope she wins and comes home safe and sound! True champion ! Pete is very happy with her and I'm sure tony and paddy have done a great job over there whilst Pete was here, but now the A team are all together. She's going for a nice gallop tomorrow! I'm not sure where I'll watch her race yet, I might go into the square in the city where they've got a massive screen up for all her followers!! It should be a great night!! Right- chat soon! I'll put some pictures up on Facebook now too:-) xx

No comments:

Post a Comment