Saturday 9 June 2012

My first time riding a yearling !

Hey guys, black caviar and the team are on their way to England!! It's all exiting, she had more bags than the queen I recon!! Hope they get there safe and sound and I really hope she goes and wins!! Good luck team. The days are the same here, work as usual, this morning Tom was in charge, the boss is away up brisbourne and tony has gone to England! I rode 7 this morning and I rode a yearling which was nice, very green and very babyish as you can imaging! Emma was with me on another yearling and they were working upsides! They done a piece of work and was timed!! We had to ride leg long and encourage them along, they didn't really know what to do. But they will stay in training for about 4 weeks then they will be turned away, out in the paddock to develope and come back in for a proper training! They've been in caulfield a week, they came from a pre training yard where they were there for 3weeks. The filly I was riding was very very big for a yearling - she had big bone and was around 16.3h!! Hope she sticks training being so big! Yesterday I went to flemington racecourse- its very nice, I was impressed!! We had three runners but no winners! It was very cold by the end of the day! We sat in the weighing room between our races, they have a room for trainers, with free drink all day and free food. I don't think they get this in England. I know they have an owners and trainers bar in England. Another thing Ive learnt that if a horse needs a bandage on his leg because it's got a cut or an old scar they need to sow the bandage with needle and thread!! ( I'm not sure if I've put this in a blog before!!) just to be sure it doesn't come off during the race! It's my birthday next Monday so I'm going to go and watch Wales v Australia rugby in Melbourne! Can't wait! The game is on the 16th of June! Weve had a filly that won last week taken to the vets clinic because her back leg had blown up real bad day after she ran and she had four jabs of antibiotics but it's not made any difference! I would be keen to go to the clinic to see what goes on there. Chat soon ! Need a kip!

No comments:

Post a Comment