Thursday 12 July 2012

Questioning moody!:-)

Hello people ! It's Friday the 13th and it's been a good day so far. I went in at 3.30 and mucked a few out before going with the boss up the tower! Quiet day really as for working the horse. We had a few going quicker but majority of them only doing slow work. I don't normally go up to the tower on a Friday but I thought its a quiet day to question mr moody:-)! I like asking things! It was nice having time to talk to him. he told me a few things that he though others should of done to try and improve their skills! He said when he was working under someone he use to do lot of different things to try and improve his skills and to learn as much as he can! He said he's always had a passion for training horses, always wanted to be champion. in all the years he's been training he's always done the work sheet- he always knows what every horse is doing. And even when his father died and on his wedding day he work. He also said he's only had one or two days off- and that was last month when I was here! He must of been very ill. He's the first trainer up that tower every morning with out a doubt !! Whilst everyone else is fast asleep probably ! He always looks out for his horses only. He concentrates on his ...not like a lot of others up the tower!! Katie my friend from Adelaide has come over this morning with her horse, she runs here tomorrow! Peter use to train her himself but she wasn't good enough for what he wanted so he gave here to Phillip stokes! I questioned Pete about a horse called 'Ben' a big grey colt. I asked where he'd gone, I noticed he wasn't in his box. He said he wasn't very good so he bought him off the owners and sent him up the bush to be trained by one of his friends!! Pete was originally from that area and he wanted to support them. he said funny you asked about him because he won last weekend. Great result! I told Pete that he should come to England to train...he smiled and said ' only if I trained for an owner!!!' I asked Pete if I could go and see nelly and the grey colt that's come back from England- he said there is no point because I wouldn't be able to go in. That's a shame but hopefully I'll see nelly when she comes back in two weeks! Nearly time for me to go home. There's a few things I'd like to do before I go. I started yesterday, I went into the city and found the museum. Phar lap the great race horse is in there!! It was great seeing him and reading up on him!! In his 4 years on the track phar lap won 37 of the 51 races in which he started! Including 14 in a row in 1930-1931! He's the only horse to have been favourite for the Melbourne cup three years in a row. Since the mounted specimen was donated to the museum of Victoria in 1933, phar lap has been the museums most popular exhibit. Amazing animal!! I then went and booked a few day trips: to the great ocean road! The great ocean road is one of the worlds most beautiful and naturally maintained secrets! Bells beach is one of Australia's famous surfing beaches. World renowned for the rip curl surfing pro! I might go on a helicopter flight over the 12 apostles! I can't wait! I also booked a day trip to the Phillip island penguin parade ! I need to go to the aquarium and to the old Melbourne gaol! I'm very exited! But the time is ticking I need to hurry on!! Right I must go back to work- I'm going to see a water treadmill this afternoon!

No comments:

Post a Comment