Tuesday 10 July 2012

11/7/2012

Hey guys, it's 10.30 and I'm just at home eating breakfast! Wet day today, not very nice but at least it's not cold! Tuesday I went up the tower with Jeff and Peter for the trials and 41 horses were working, they all had to be clocked! We also had 9 in the trials . Good morning everything went accordingly to plan!we got gone at 9.30! No runners yesterday nor today! Black caviar is back today! But she has to be in a different yard for two weeks before coming back into caulfield!! This morning I stayed in the yard, took horses walking, swimming ect! Was busy enough, then at 6.30 I went with the chiropractor to treat few horses. He had 40 to do today, he said he might not treat them all today! I find it very intresting! Peter said the chiropractor is my secret to training!! He obviously thinks alot of mick!! Every horse gets treated once a months but if they need more than one treatment they do. They all get treated before they go out for a break and if they got any problems, it needs fixing before going out so they come back in in good order! Mick would give a list to the vet to check over if it's something serious or unless it's a vets job! He was telling me that he treated a few in England whilst he was over with black caviar! He treated the queens horse and another one too that ran in ascot- it also won!! I saw him crack a few this morning and he explained a few things and showed me different things! He told me he likes the idea of putting mud on the horses legs everyday, keeps their legs cold and draws bruising and swellings! Expensive job though!!:-/ He treated a horse that's running tomorrow that's broken his whither! I got a picture of it, it will be on Facebook. I'm not sure when he broke it, long time ago but mick said he's not come across a horse that has a broken whither and it's affected him, he said It doesn't make a difference! Intresting I thought it would! It might over jumps! I spent a few hours with him and then back to the yard to hold a few for the vet! Another intresting half an hour! Learnt a few things this morning!! But I won't say to much....inside information! Ha ha! We finished at 9.30! I might be strapping a horse for Phillip stokes on Saturday, it's coming over and running in caulfield ! Chat soon guys! The clock is ticking- not long infill im coming home!!

No comments:

Post a Comment